"Christians serving our Neighbors"
Serving City of Ketchikan, Ketchikan Gateway Borough & Saxman
Applications are taken by phone, please call in during our client assistance hours. If you call and leave a message we are only able to return your call if you leave a local Ketchikan number.
Monday, 11am to 2pm
Tuesday, 9am to 12pm
Wednesday, 1pm to 4pm
Home & Family Services
• Groceries - Available every 2 months (60) days.
Community Food Opportunities:
Salvation Army food boxes M & F 10am-12pm
Food Commodity Giveaway:
Salvation Army - 3rd Saturday each month
Love In Action - 4th Thursday of each month, 1-2pm
• Household items
• Baby Closet
• Kitchen Items
Repairs & Maintenance - These services are unavailable until after the Coronavirus passes through
• Garbage Dump Runs
Gasoline - only if you have insurance on your vehicle
ID replacement - Birth & Marriage Certificates if needed for an official purpose
Youth & Children Scholarships
Covid-19 Funds for those who own their home/trailer - utilities and space rent
LOVE IN ACTION HAS NO FUNDING FOR: TELEPHONE/CELLPHONE, INTERNET OR CABLE BILLS.
Financial Assistance for rent, utilities & security deposit for those homeless or imminently homeless if you are low/middle income as determined by Housing & Urban Development standards.
- Prevention assistance for rent & utilities if you are under eviction or utility disconnection.
You must meet the following criteria for assistance:
• Proof of monthly income going forward within 30 days that will pay all your monthly bills
(this may be waived at this time until 12/31/21)
• rental agreement and/or utilities in your name
Placement assistance for security deposit & first months rent.
• be physically homeless
• have proof of income within 30 days that will pay all your monthly bills
• you cannot move into a new apartment until after an appointment for services